Wednesday, September 3

LDR


It's not Law of Diminishing Returns. We are talking about long distance relationship.
-
-
-

Have u ever been very indecisive over choices of your uni, trying hard to change the plan of your life, adjust it to the way so you can have a good grip on your love ones? Do you feel like abandoning all your goals and start making decisions based solely on your love ones? And when you get a grip and come to your senses, you feel like you are fcuking stupid? I do. I have been through it.

-

--

-

-

This is my story.

-

-

-

-

I met her in a camp to Taiwan. I noticed her in an instant. Sometimes, when you meet someone, before you even know their name, you know that sometime in the future, this person is going to mean something to you. Well, not long after the camp, we got together on 14th march, the white valentine’s day.

-

-

She was everything good. When I needed her most, she never failed to be there for me. She listens to me, respects me and have always been trustworthy and honest. She’d be so understanding that she'll put up with all the flaws in my personalities, accept me for whom I am and never tried to change anything in me. There's not a day that passed by without thinking of her, even now. It's like an everyday kind of thing. When I sat down in a restaurant, i would think about honey lemon tea that we would make fun of; when i walked pass a saloon, i would remember how beautiful her hair is that curls naturally; and during the nights, the last thing in my mind would be wondering if she's sleeping or still staying up late for her assignments.

-

-

Everything started to fade away when she was transited to an Australian uni. Her attention has been dilated towards her new friends, her uni assignments, her new life. I felt neglected and became very upset. And now everytime she showed the slightest of attention, I would drop everything I’m doing because I didn’t want to miss it. I even made up conversations we never had, imagine things we would do if we were together. I’m a fcuking idiot.

-

-

Likewise, since she isn’t where I can keep my eyes on her, it’s extremely easy to get jealous and suspicious. She never explained, and I never asked. Instead I became more demanding for reassurance, showing resentment over the way I had been treated, but many times I have been disappointed with how our conversations went astray rather than the way I wished it would be. I’m still not detached from all the insecurities that she has created, and all questions were left unanswered.

-

-

-

-

She’s just somebody that I used to know. I miss her even when I’m talking to her. So I decided to end it all. I started going out with girls whom I met in italiannies, night clubs and snooker clubs. I enjoyed hanging out with them, in fact they are sooo good in every way and some of them are even way hotter and attractive than her. Having a few dates here and there and I could really see myself changing. They helped me forget her. Because yes, I cant stop the fact that I still love her. I wanted to be a good boyfriend, i have so much love to give, but I’m not given the chance. Now, it’s not up to me anymore. If she wants me in her life, she’s gotta find a way to put the pieces back again, and reassure me that I'm not doing something of futility.

-

-

-

-

The point is, a relationship will only work when both parties are willing to put forth an effort. It's evident now that I was the only one committed to it. Many of us, rather than remaining faithful for years, would go into an open dating policy.

-

-

-

-

Why?

-

-

-

-


Because no one is willing to take the risk. After all, there are too many uncertainties in life, and life itself has all it has to offer. We never really know. We may think that as long

as we loved each other, nothing will ever come between us. However, bear in mind that your partner might not be as optimistic about the chances of sustaining a LDR, and obviously, one-sided effort will not keep the spark alive. Plus, temptation is always there, and sadly, you are too far away to do anything.

-

-

-

Even if you opt to be together, one person will likely have to make a sacrifice. This may require sacrificing an education plan, a job, friends or family. Will you be willing to forgo all these?

-

-

But then again, sometimes 2 person need to be apart to realize how much they need to be together. Distance does help you remember all the little things, and the moments together would be much more valuable and cherished. The moments I spent with her in Sunway Pyramid is still vividly echoing in my mind. I missed it so fucking much.

-

-

Well, from my point of view, I do not believe that in an LDR, ‘distance’ is the core problem of a break up. Me and her didn't make it because we do not have a strong love foundation to begin with. But i think if both parties are willing to make a commitment to foster love between themselves, no matter what, nothing is quite impossible. Everything is in our hands. If we want it to happen, it will.

-

-


-

-

Here’s a piece of advice, for those who never made it in LDR.

-

-

-

You cannot assume there will be a happy ending. You can’t let someone to have too much of an influence on you. Love them. Care about them. But do not become obsessed, and DON'T FORGET the other things and people in your life. I’ve come to realized that dwelling on someone you can’t have, just makes you want them more. When you start thinking about other stuff, and less about them, you realize you may not even really want them in the first place. Sometimes it is just a passing feeling. We tend to overlook it because we are in love with them.

-

-

Sometimes, the hardest thing to let go of is the one you never really had.

-

-

Cheers*

3 comments:

shen said...

hey, kinda having a messy thought here since u wrote so much and there'r so much issue there to press on. but i'll keep the comment close to it's main purpose.

well me and her we can talk about anything from movie to shopping to frens bout she is someone who keep private in her relationship thoughts and status. i dont really understand her much in this sense but from the numerous conversation we had i try to grapse her mind. she is both a emotional gal but trying to be sensible at all times, that makes her fickle minded sometimes. after reading the 1st part of ur feelings i would say she'll be touched and fell from it. which gal would not having to know this guy have such a strong affection on her. but she is quite careful in choosing her relationship n will step back to think of reality more than overcome by emotion. the second part about her not being committed and the one sided love and LDR problem might be abit of unsounded claim or unfair to her from my point of view. i leave her some space for this as i think she have already thought of the posibility of LDR and she might feel unsecure at the same time too and her mind is not fixed and she is trying to test on the relationship more before deciding. i've already told u this problem b4 is like a vicious cycle she is waiting for u to take action and waiting to c wat u have to give before she commit and u feel u r the only one pushing it through and feel unsecure. she is kind of passive in taking a step in relatinoship but i would say she did struggle and consider about the possibility, circumstances too. i have not known she have any trauma in relationship in the past but i know she had engaged in relationship but quite some time ago. i do not know y she still has not engaged in a relatinoship until now but she do have admirer and many that come close like you. maybe she is careful in her choices and trying to find the right one and the perfect one for herself. or she have had trauma.
afterall, i dont think the letter will change her mind or any decision from her but it will trigger some chemical reaction. it will let her understand more about what u'r thinking instead of getting stucked in the gray area. she probably will have a deeper thought after this. understanding is always a step ahead in a relatinoship. no matter if it turns out good or bad, i think u should tell her wat u think if u really care about the relationship and know that she is the one. try to make a stand in the relationship, a confirmation, a promise from her, make yourself comfortable, and then try hard to win her heart, and hope that things will go better after that. no matter wat it takes and who commit more. i think it is not to be argue at this point who put more effort or who take the first step but where the direction of the relatinoship u wan it to be. if u wan it work, try hard, until u r exhausted. but i know u wan a confirmation from her b4 u put full force. try to confess to her. and ask her for a definite answer. it's time to break from the uncertainties? a major decision to be made here. i do not wan u to regret either. it is about your future. both her and ur study. study there still u can change anytime. so, her side, it's time to make a step ahead. or give up. i hope it helps. i personally is very touched by ur words, and i learn alot at the sametime. best of luck! cheers, mate.

Honghongtan said...

walao ~
seems like ur fren has gave u A very LONGGGG advice !

well,
me maself never believe in long distance.
i had a few relationship ended once we are separated but at least for the 1st time i tried but it didn't work out and they are understanding enough and believe it will be better not getting together since it's so hard to see each other anyway.

webcam cannot provide hugs and kisses,
mic cannot provide whisper behind your ears.

until....
ma most recent or current one...
i don't know what's wrong with me i took up the challenge of continuing a long distance relationship.

yeah ,
she's in uk now and i'm in malaysia ! HAHA !
wat is ur aus compare to mine right =p
the time difference thing suck most man !
i have to stay awake like midnite just to talk to her and wat more sometimes line sucks we cant even talk XD

i'm now used to the feeling of the long distance though,
talking to her once a week or even lesser is already something...
normal.
it's even worst now,
she's in her euro trip for 2 weeks and we can't be talking to each other =p

you are right about sacrifice,
it needs A LOT A LOT of sacrifices !

but i still club !
cause she also club there what with her frens !
fair ma =p

what's after she come back after 2 weeks i don't know but,
sometimes...
long distance does work.

believe me
jealousy,
disapointment,
uncertainty,
insecurities doesn't only exist in long distance,
u WILL have to have all these feelings to show that u actually CARE, you actually LOVE.


TRUST is the most important element in a relationship =)

one more thing,
ASK when u feel like knowing,
there are nothing shall be kept between 2.



i dunno what i talking wtf =X

study la pak toh pak toh pak toh !
cheers =)

Joe said...

nice post. made me think.
cheers

LDR? forget it