Friday, January 1

Resolutions? Or not.


1st of January 2010


I woke up w a massive hangover. I opened up the window to let the sunlight flood in. I sat by the window, light my cigarette, sprinkled some chocolate powder I borrowed from my flatmate over the coffee.


2009 wasn't a smooth sailing one. Some walked in, some walked out, it all happened so quickly. But it has been quite eventful, to say the least. It was only then I've met Misha, became good friends again w Jason, made handcraft cards for my ex, stopped playing the guitar, and etc.

--
--
--

Sean has once wisely told me, that the decision you make today makes who you are tomorrow.

But there's also so much truth on the contrary, that we are not necessarily guaranteed a tomorrow, and everyday you lived is a gift.


Now that I had make it through the next year, as I sat down and ready to scribble down a set of resolutions for 2010, it suddenly hit me.

What was my 2009 resolution?

Have I achieved what I set out to be?

What exactly did I wish for?



It intrigues me that I can't even remember any of these. It makes me wonder, that these resolutions, are they just some occasional bout we like to do at the beginning of the year, that it eventually falters along the way and we let them slip our mind in time? Are we even serious about these deliberations, choices, decisions we spent forever to make as we brisk through our lives?


-
-
-

365 days ago, I never thought I would be in UK, studying under a college 9499 miles away from my ex.

365 days ago, I never thought I would cry hysterically again (due to another reason mind you).

365 days ago, I never thought I would be working in an English bar. And for other thousands of events, happened anyway when I least expected.


If you asked me a week before or so, I would have been able to give you a full list of changes I wanna make in 2010, but right now, at this point, if you were to ask me the same question again, I really don't know what to say.

Fortunately, however much it drifted from its designated trail, 2009 has been quite looking up for me. I have true friends who never failed to be there for me, and I have had a set of memorable events that happened along the way.



Maybe that's how life is supposed to be.



I realized we never wind up exactly where we wanted to be. Maybe, while we constantly try our best to change our lives, we should instead let it run its own course. This imperfection of life, that we'll never know what lies ahead of us, makes our lives so interesting and beautiful.

So on second thought, instead of jotting down my new year's resolutions here, I've decided to write about the things that I'm grateful for that happened in 2009.





Misha, thank you for your never ending support, you guided me from rights and wrongs, although I may have seem stubborn at times but I do deliberate over your words seriously. I just don't do it when you are not around. And now that you aren't anywhere near me, everything seems to be revolving around you. Maybe, the reason why I even bought that yellow squarish jacket is because it reminds me of you and I missed you so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ye Vonn, I cant live w/o your cosy hugs and those lil messages from you that never failed to make the rest of my day. I love driving all the way to your house to have that 10 minutes conversation outside your gate, and I was very touched when I watched you rummaged the whole kitchen to look for something 'chinese' to cook to please my extremely chinese oriented appetite. Love you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


(As much as it seems, this is not an after-sex photo)

Rianne, I remember there was once I lost your Math exam paper. I thought I'd be a dead man. But I was so surprised that you weren't mad at me. Contrarily, you patted on my shoulder and asked me not to worry about it. And ever since then, you were still willing to lend me your notes although you clearly know it would come back crumpled. I can't emphasize enough how grateful I felt, thank you for helping me all these while, I really appreciate that. Love*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Weather they like it or not, I never really bother about the people around me while I smoke. But somehow, in front you, when you give me that look, I'd automatically put my cig back into my box. Sometimes, I ask myself why?

I think, unlike all other people, you sincerely want me to change, not for your own interest but for my own welfare. You brought me to church, you tried to change your entire weekend's plans just so you could keep me company in the church. You've done a fabulous job Sarah, thank you =] (I hope you had fun when people thought I was your boyfriend! XD)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





For the first time someone actually gotten me something that I really desired for my birthday present, but I have to say I'm fucking sorry to lose it lah! Hahaha! I felt fucking bad also la you have no idea.

And bro, it was fun picking up chicks w you! I still remember the first time we picked up chicks together. It was at One Utama. We were so overdressed, we used the movie opener and we both got rejected fatally hahaha!

There are so many things to mention that I don't even know where to start! We burned down the whole neighborhood garden, you graciously welcomed me to your loft when I ran away from my house, cooked me a very delicious steak, brought us to setiawan and rented a pimp ride, and you almost fucked us all up by fucking up that car when you drove it to a fucking dead end and there was no room to even make a 2 point turn LOL!

Life wouldn't be the same w/o you Sean, it would be smooth sailing, but fucking plain dead boring. I'm grateful to have you in my life man, so thank you Sean =]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Jason, you are a fucking idiot. You piss me off so much at times (you know what you did). But most of all, I can't believe that you actually succeeded in talking me into doing those quirky and eccentric stuffs you do for living. Driving to Genting for a smoke, running away from One Utama security guards for drifting in One Utama open air car park, and you even encouraged me to speed up which in the end result in car crash!


But then in the end of the day, we'd sit in BU McD and laugh at our own ass-es, or we'd chill at Banana Leaf and think what stupid thing to do next.

"What a chilling song to crash lol!"

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't find out that DimSum session at 6am can be so cool. There would have been a lot less laughter in my life. I love you Jason. xoxo


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the best memory I have had w Chia Chern.
Ps: Check out 1:00, 1:50, and 2:15.



At the end of college, I remember that we both said we'll miss each other because we wont be meeting each other anytime soon, seeing the fact that he lives like one thousand miles away from my place.

But we were wrong. Because we have had so many road trips together ever since then. We went to Setiawan, to Penang, we drove down to Puchong to binge on 'Lok lok' and tong shui. We go to the gym together, which pretty much always followed by a Left Four Dead session at the Rock Cafe nearby.

I never thought we would be this close, and I'm glad that it happened. I'd still be that small skeletal skinny and bonny guy if it wasn't for you to push me in the gym, and thanks for all the support you give not only in the gym but also during all the hard times I face, thanks for being such a wonderful friend Chern =]


It's a lot of fun just by watching him being his stupid self.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In my whole life, I have had only one epic fight, and it was set up by this smoking motherfucker.

Back in high school, I had to walk around school w a patch of colourful paint/glue on my trouser butt because of this twatface. Ivan would put me in constant fear when he sat around me because he'd swing his fist and land it on my shoulder on his random whim. He'd put me into all sorts of trouble, and laughs at my ass as he watches me from behind.

But as idiotic as his nature, he is actually a silent helper. Ironically, he's also the first man on scene when I needed help. He was the first one who came to fetch me when I ran away from my house, first one who came when I crashed my car, and surprised me when he came to send me off at the airport. It all meant a lot to me, thank you bro =]


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I don't have a picture w you so I used this.

This guy is a fucking bad mouth, and it is almost impossible to beat him in a verbal brawl because this motherfucker wins arguments to make a living. Yes, he's a lawyer.

Anyway, I'm very grateful that you have jump through hoops to help me in many ways. I have to say, my english would have not been this good if it wasn't for you, and the car crash would have been tougher on me if it wasn't for you to guide me through every step.

The times where we chilled at Rhasta, shared intellectual views about life where dumbasses can only listen and wonder, having midnight pool sessions and killing zombies together, you brought me to awesome parties, what can I say? It is a privilege to have known you, and I'm glad that Misha is settling for you, and thanks for everything =]

Anyway Jon, You'll never beat me in pool, suck it up and deal w it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




The last but not the least, Alvaro and Tamara! The latest best friends I've made in UK!

All the people that I've met in UK, I feel that they are only my drinking/ clubbing partners, and apart from that we are totally on a different wavelenght.

But these two are different from the rest, they are one of the fewest people that I could actually clique or connect w. Dinners, shopping, clubbing, and everything else have become so much merrier w the both of you. And I love those 'random walk in to have a cig', sharing our favorite songs and often it's a shocker that we actually have so much in common!


My life in UK wouldn't be as much fun w/o the both of you, and I'm looking forward to our trip to Amterdam!! And I'll definitely stop by at your country before I leave for Malaysia, and I expect the both of you to do the same =]

If I've ever spent money on tattoo, it would be your fault too.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are so many more people to talk about, but I've spent too long on this blog and I am fatigue. For those who I have never mentioned in this blog, don't take it the wrong way. I'm honestly very grateful for your existence. When I'm back to Malaysia, be prepared guys. It's a party marathon for us ;)


Happy new year everyone! May you have a pleasant year ahead!

0 comments: