Saturday, April 17

Pineapple chicken


I never liked making pineapple chicken. There is simply no chemistry between me and pineapple.

True, you might think it's because pineapple chicken is relatively more problematic as compared to others. But I love cooking. I wouldn't mind going through all the hassles if in the end it tastes good.

I just don't like pineapple.

However, I'd like to think that my pineapple chicken is awesome because according to my flatmates it is 'haunting' their brains all the time and Misha always make me cook that whenever she has guests coming over.


This time I'm cooking for her parents.


So here we go:


Ingredients:


1) Sunquick Orange Syrup

2) 1 can of pineapple chunk

3) Plum Sauce

4) Lemon Sauce

5) Lemon Dressing








Marinade:



1) Oyster Sauce

2) Maggi Liquid Seasoning

3) Rice Wine

4) Sugar

5) AND SESAME OIL ! I dont have the bottle w me here






Sauce (for four pax):

1) I threw in the whole can of pineapple chunk

2) 1.5 tea spoon of Sunquick orange syrup

3) As for plum sauce and lemon sauce, I added 2 table spoon and 1.5 table spoon respectively (or more, trust your own tongue)

4) Ok. Lemon dressing. I really don't know how much I've put in. 1 - 1.5 teacup maybe?hahaha! tips: you don't want the lemon dressing to overwhelm the pineapple taste so use it wisely

5) Sprinkle some sugar and salt. Estimate the amount yourself.

6) Add a lil bit of water, and some corn flour for thickening.



Steps:

1) Coat the chicken w corn flour.


2) Fry it w medium fire. When it's about cooked, adjust to lower volume, so it will turns out more juicy.

3) Remove chicken. Leave some oil on the pan, and pour in the sauce. Adjust to maximum volume and bring it to a boil.

4) When the sauce is getting thicker, throw in the chicken, lower the heat and let it simmer.




5) Depending on how thick you want your sauce to be, remove sauce and chicken as you see fit.


There you go.

0 comments: